Friday, April 6, 2007

Flickr 'em

I'm planning to upgrade my flickr account to a Pro Account and flickr all the snaps for posterity. Who knows when my hardisk crashes. This would cost me $24.95 bucks (convert it googleishtyle http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=24.95+USD+in+INR&meta=). Holy smokes ! Flickr says that's cheap. I love their tag cloud feature so I'm going to shell out that money huh! Here's how my flickr tag cloud looks like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kulkeez/tags/ It's interesting to watch a cloud that shows places/people who have touched my life. Looking at the cloud I realized that I don't see many people I would expect to; people who I meet digitally on a daily/weekly/monthly basis; like Vadi or Sirisha or Vijayeendra.

Was wondering what would happen a 1000 years from now। Would historians and archealogists do digital digging to unearth all this digital footprint we are leaving behind?
SecondLife historians out there, business opportunity for you.

No comments: