Thursday, June 19, 2008

wisdom tooth

Last Friday, my wisdom tooth revolted like no one ever before did and a visit to Dr. Kenkere, my dentist was envitable. Monday, I had to work from home so that I could keep the appointment. An X-ray revealed that both of my Wisdom teeth were positioned vertically and were pushing the adjacent tooth. He put me on Tinimox and a pain killer : ?????. The damage was already done - my last visit to my dentist and I had been warned to get the extraction of the wisdom tooth done as soon as possible - alas, I had to shell out 3000 INR for the root canal of this adjacent tooth - I call it tooth31. Now, I have an appointment for a surgical tooth extraction next week.
During the root canal treatment, I was wondering if there is any naming convention followed by the Dentist community to refer to each tooth - all that I know is that we have 32 teeth.

Some questions that came up and I ought to explore :
What is a wisdom tooth?
What is root-canal treatement?

No comments: